TPN Weekly is hosted by John Wilkerson of the Jesus Geek podcast this week. In this episode, John talks about some recent tech and space news, shares some tips for using your browser more effectively, and explains the term “social giving”.
We’re sponsored by Goto Assist Express! Try it free for 30 days at GoToAssist.com/techpodcasts.
News articles mentioned:
- 5 Lesser Known Browser Tips and Tricks | PCMech
- Virgin’s VSS Enterprise takes to the skies | TechRadar UK
- Microsoft turns 35: Best, worst and most notable moments | ComputerWorld
- Fake Facebook antivirus spreads through tagged photos, wall post spam
- Suppliers Expect to Ship 8-10 Million iPads in 2010 | Mashable
Social giving is a new trend online. It involves using social media to raise awareness and funds for charities and causes. I highly encourage everyone to partner with a cause that your are passionate about and use your influence in social media to help. Re-tweeting a message, joining a cause on Facebook, or doing a podcast about a charity is great way to help if you’re unable to donate financially.
You can listen to my podcast every week over at http://jesusgeek.info.